This past weekend was the 84th Academy Awards. I’m not really one for sitting through three hours of thank you’s and curtsies but the fashion – I LOVE! This year, tones of white and silver were very popular amongst the ladies’ gowns. If you’re a bride this year then be inspired by these celeb beauties for your own wedding dress. You don’t have to be as daring but maybe there’s a detail in one of these dresses that’ll add a wow factor to your own “red carpet” moment.
My favourite from the night is E!’s interviewer on the carpet, Giuliana Rancic wearing Tony Ward. The nude chiffon mermaid style gown with detailed white beading and petal appliqué down the sides and on her shoulders is just so interesting and makes her look like a rare jewel.
From left to right:
Giuliana Rancic wearing Tony Ward
Milla Jovovich wearing Ellie Saab
Gwyneth Paltrow wearing in Tom Ford
Jennifer Lopez wearing Zuhaiir Murad
Octavia Spencer wearing Tadashi Shoji
Shailene Woodley wearing Valentino
Kelly Ripa wearing Carolina Herrera
- Best & Worst Dressed: 2012 Academy Awards [PHOTOS] (socialitelife.com)
- Oscar Red Carpet Looks: Wedding Dress Ideas (weddingpartyapp.wordpress.com)
- My Red Carpet Top 10 Dresses (diariesofastylemagnet.wordpress.com)
- The Oscars 2012 (bysandrapedersen.wordpress.com)
- Giuliana Stuns in White Tony Ward Couture Gown at the Oscars (mystyle.com)